Spend the holiday season doing good for others. This is the season of joy, thankfulness and thinking of others so spread it a bit. Here are 25 small ways you can give back this holiday season, yes, even if you’re broke.
- Leave a positive note on someone’s (or your crush) windshield.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Spread good news about someone.
- Attend a benefit or charity event. Your reason to also dress up! Win-Win
- Donate your time to a shelter or charitable event. This is what I am doing this holiday season!
- Visit an elderly home and listen to their stories.
- Pay for someone’s layaway anonymously.
- Run an errand for someone.
- Babysit a friend’s kid so they can have a break. I do this partly as a living, I am not doing it for free, sorry, not sorry! LOL
- Pay for the person’s meal behind you at the drive-thru at your favorite fast food spot.
- Give an unexpected generous tip to make someone’s day.
- Spend time with someone who is alone this holiday season.
- Smile at a stranger. I do this pretty often, especially when I am having a good hair day 😉
- Bake some holiday cookies and pass them out to random people.
- Sign up for a holiday 5K because the money goes to a good cause.
- Donate possessions you no longer need to the Salvation Army. I am doing this, this weekend!
- Bring a box of toys to a children’s hospital.
- Give someone a ride to get groceries or to go to an appointment.
- Have a beautiful photo framed and send it as a gift to someone special.
- Give a genuine compliment every day.
- Donate blood.
- Shop on Amazon Smile, where they give back to local schools for every purchase.
- Donate cans to a food drive.
- Donate dog food and/or pet toys to the animal shelter (can all be purchased from Dollar Tree).
- Write a note or send an email of appreciation to someone who has positively impacted your life.
There are so many ways you can give back this holiday season, and many can be done all year around. This list helps give you some ideas without spending a whole lot of money (if any at all). The best gift you can give this holiday season is the gift of your kindness and time. Use these ideas to get started on your giving back mission this holiday season.
If you already have plans, how are you giving back this holiday season?This post may contain affiliate links.