I initially saw this recipe on 77 Easy Recipes, but wanted a way to make it have a little less calories and have a better idea on how many servings this recipe actually makes which I didn’t see on 77 Easy Recipes so I came across the blog, Drizzle Me Skinny and combined both recipes and came up with what I have. You’ll see in the picture below of what I used, very simple and straight forward ingredients and this is a fairly cheap meal to buy. The recipe says it is for 6 servings, but when creating the recipe in MYFITNESSPAL, I listed it as 5 servings meal because I like to have a little extra. With the exact ingredients that I’ve used to make this recipe, MYFITNESSPAL, says that each serving is around 335 calories with 27G of protein and I ate it with sautéed spinach so a decent hefty meal well below 500 calories. The sodium was pretty high so if you’re watching that, skip this meal, LOL.
2 cups PENNE PASTA (buy the brand or kind of your choice)
1 cup SHREDDED CHEESE ( I purchased what was on sale) broken down into (3) ⅓ cups
½ cup BUFFALO OR HOT SAUCE (I purchased what was on sale)
¼ cup LIGHT RANCH (feel free to use regular ranch if you’d like)
2- 3 COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS SHREDDED ( I purchased Hormel Taco shredded chicken, the job is already done and was $3.50 at Safeway)
- Cook the penne pasta according to package and then drain. Preheat oven to 350F and spray your casserole dish with Pam or rub it with some olive oil to keep the food from sticking. I used whatever baking dish I figured my ingredients would fit in.
- In a bowl, mix the pasta and chicken.
- In a small bowl mix the ranch dressing and hot or buffalo sauce together.
- Add mixed ranch and buffalo sauce to your chicken and pasta and add ⅓ cup shredded cheese.
- Mix well and pour into your baking dish and pat down evenly through out the baking pan, *add an additonal ⅓ cup shredded cheese on top *OPTIONAL I did this by accident
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out and add another ⅓ cup shredded cheese and bake another 3-5 minutes.
- Cut into 5 or 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links.